Thursday, July 24, 2008

Beaded Cabochon

I found this cabochon in the midst of searching my grandmothers jewelry. It was in a silver commemorative bezel celebrating 200 years of America. I kept the bezel, but I wanted something a bit more "glamorous" for the cab.

I combined topaz and burgandy seed beads with Rhondite 4mm rounds to make this bezel. My only problem now is I have no idea what type of stone it is! I would love to find out what it is so that I can purchase beads of the same type to make the actual necklace. Other than that, I think it turned out pretty cool!

1 comment:

Francesca DeCaire said...

This is beautiful. I have been searching the web trying to find something to do with my handmade glass cabs. Do you have any tips? Where could I find clear step by step instructions to do this?