Sunday, July 27, 2008

Recycling EVERYTHING!

My husband was going through a pile of old childrens hangers that come with the clothes from the store. We were getting ready to recycle them and realized that we would have to take the metal clips off of them because only the plastic is recyclable.


Well, as I picked up the pile of metal clips to throw them away I decided that there had to be good for SOMETHING! Well, they sat in my studio for about a week and then I thought that I would play with them to see what I came up with.


I heated them to anneal the metal and then pounded them out to make them flat. While looking at them I realized that there was a loop already on one end of them so stringing automatically came to mind.


To take a little bit from the "industrial" look of the metal, I paired them with white cat's eye and rose quartz. The result is a funky little fan choker necklace!


No comments: