Monday, June 23, 2008

A break from pearls

I had to take a break from that friggin' necklace! It is SO time consuming, but it is almost done AND it is GORGEOUS! I can't wait to share pictures of the completed piece.

But yesterday, I had to take a break so I decided to work on another project. I received a request from a client for 40 thank you cards. She wanted simple designs, not too expensive, colorful, and she also wanted 4 different designs.

Well, after some time in the studio I produced the following four designs...

This first one (above) is a simple stamp embellished with mulberry flowers and rhinestones. The scallopped and punched edge was added and the card was complete!
The next card and I have a love / hate relationship right now. I love the simplicity and the embossed "Thank You" but I am thinking that the embossed letters need a highlight in a different color. I don't know what it is, but I adore this one. It was so simple to make, but it looks so unique and complicated. The bouquet of flowers was fashioned out of Jolee's flowers, raffia, and mulberry paper. I simple background enhances the bouquet and a stamped thank you was then added.


This one is very simple, not too complicated and cute! I think the only thing that I would change is the stamp. I am not liking this particular Thank You design.

No comments: