Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Today a necklace, tomorrow the WORLD!

No really, not the world, just part of it! For the last couple of days I have been working on a pearl necklace that I imagine would look beautiful on a bride, or bridesmaid. I am using sterling silver 26 guage wire, 3mm fresh water pearls and 6mm fresh water pearls. Every single pearl is individually wire-wrapped and put together in what I do hope is a pleasing arrangement.

The inspiration (yet again) comes from an article in a beading magazine that I ran across one day. Most of my inspiration occurs this way, which I guess is more of a "AH HA" moment than real inspiration, but none-the-less, I saw a similiar idea in a magazine and I took it and made it mine.




Jewelry is definately my "thing" right now. I have a sketch book full of ideas (real ones! that are mine!) and I have a ton of projects lined up in front of me.
Oh yeah, and I got these done the other day. I was fooling around with an idea so I did them in copper, but I like them! The beads are 2mm amethyst rounds.

No comments: